The best way to take action against pollution is to report it.
If our community continuously reports air pollution to relevant authorities they will soon be forced to act under community pressure.
You can report pollution by making a written report online to Pollutionwatch if you are at home and if you have time.
To report ‘odour’ use this link:
To report ‘dust’ or other pollution use this link:
If you are moving around Cockburn or are pressed for time and you smell toxic sulphur dioxide (burnt matches/pungent sulphur smell), other strange odours or see dust discharges from the Cockburn Cement factory, you can report it in less than 30 seconds using your smartphone. Taking photos or video creates more evidence.
In preparation :
Add these contacts to your phone:
- Department of Water and Environmental Regulation – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minister for the Environment – Minister.Whitby@dpc.wa.gov.au
- Head Office of CCL’s owners – email@example.com
- Cockburn Cement Limited – firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Cockburn Mayor – EMoffice@cockburn.wa.gov.au
- Local Community Group – email@example.com
- Local MP – firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Google Maps, if you don’t already have it:
- iOS App Store link
- Google Play Store link
Upon noticing pollution, open Google Maps and copy your current location to an email. You can do this by:
- Go to your location on the map then touch and hold to drop a pin.
- At the bottom, tap the dropped pin’s location.
- Tap Share
(Android Users: If you don’t see this icon, tap More Share)
- Choose Mail/email to create a new email with a link to your location.
- Change the email subject to:”Location of Toxic Sulphur Dioxide Odour” or other description
- Add the words “Please investigate and reply”. If you want to say any more, that’s up to you!
- If you see a dust event, change the text to suit the circumstances. Send a video of the dust event if you can!
- Then hit send!